Thursday, June 14, 2012

Adam Whites

http://icoulddietomorrow.blogspot.com/2012/06/dipers-shit-house-7.html

NYC's Dipers is a band that always defied my expectations. I figured, based on their name, that they would be a shitty parody band of some sort. Surprise! They are actually a hardcore band, not some stupid joke punk band. Well, they do sort of exist as a half-joke band, but their lyrics, while almost always sophomoric, still pack legit venom to the sarcastic-yet-astute social critiques, which is helped by the almost tough vocal delivery of NYC superstar Reed. Sometimes, I find said lyrics to be somewhat annoying ("Courtesy Flush"), but, as in the case of "Fattest Fan," I actually found myself laughing out loud the first time I heard it...and I hate fun! The music is also surprisingly solid and the riffs really make this thing. If their pit wasn't generally filled with whack-ass art school dropouts, I'd actually considering hitting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment